BY Rob Blackwell
IBM will purchase Promontory Financial Group a consultancy so influential it has been dubbed the industry's "shadow regulator" in a move that could extend artificial intelligence into every aspect of banking.
The Department of Justice wants banks to more fully cooperate with civil investigations. Companies now are expected to "materially assist" the agency in providing documents, access to witnesses and even inculpatory documentary evidence such as emails and text messages. more »
In some housing markets, the right combination of wages, home prices and rental market conditions makes owning a home a virtual no-brainer. Here's a look at the top markets with the largest affordability spread between owning and renting. more »
Mortgage rates fell as investors purchased more 10-year Treasury bonds after the Federal Open Market Committee decided to leave short-term rates unchanged. more »
Mortgage loan officers keep an eye on the long game, but making a sale is more than the sale; ushering people through the biggest purchase of their lives requires the ability to maintain relationships over time.
- Justice Dept. to Banks: Cooperate in Civil Investigations Or Else
- Credit Suisse, Barclays Said to Be in Mortgage Settlement Talks
- RBS to Pay $1.1B to Close First of Its Major U.S. Mortgage Probes
- FHA Opens Door for 'Spot Approvals' for Condo Loans
- U.S. Urges Cooperation from Banks to Settle Mortgage Cases
- First American Mortgage Solutions Makes Full Range of Services Available Through LendingQB
- Simplifile Adds 5 Counties in Western U.S. to Nations Largest E-Recording Network
- Simplifile Expands E-recording Network to Another 9 Southeast Counties, 14 Midwest Counties
- Simplifile Q2 2016 Report Finds Emerging Preference Among Lenders for Settlement Partners Who E-Record
- Another 23 Counties Across South, Midwest Adopt Simplifile E-Recording